FAQ for Patients
Kata® at a glance
- What is Kata®?
- What are the functions of the inhalation aid Kata®?
- How is the app structured?
- Can Kata® replace medical treatment?
- Why should you use Kata®?
- What are the requirements to use Kata®?
- Are there any exclusion criteria against using Kata®?
- How effective is Kata®?
- Is there an age recommendation for the Kata® health app?
- Which inhalers are supported by Kata®?
- I do not own a pulse oximeter or peak flow meter and therefore cannot enter these parameters. Is it important?
How do I get Kata®?
Inhalation, lung diseases and therapy
- Which devices support Kata®?
- I have a tablet/iPad - does Kata® also work there?
- What does my smartphone need to be able to do for the app to work?
- How do I update the Kata® app?
- Kata® has prompted me to update. What happens then? Will the app continue to work without an update?
- How do I reinstall Kata®?
- I had to delete the app, is all my data gone now?
- Is offline use also possible?
Error messages, questions and problems
- What do I do if I get an error message / error code?
- What can I do if logging in is no longer possible?
- What do I do if the app stops responding?
- My app crashes directly when I open it, what can I do about it?
- My app no longer starts, what now?
- I can no longer log in. Why?
- During the inhalation process, the app suddenly stalled. What can I do about it?
- The app reports a synchronization error, what do I do now?
- The contact form does not work for me. Who can help me with questions?
How do I reinstall Kata®?
For iOS users:
- First delete Kata® from your iPhone. More information about deleting apps can be found here.
- For a reinstallation you can go to the App Store. In the search function, enter the app you want (Kata – Deine Inhalationshilfe). Once you have found Kata®, you can install it by pressing “Install”.
- After the installation, you can log in directly to the Kata® app with your user data. Your entered data will be kept during the reinstallation.
For Android users:
- Uninstall Kata® from your smartphone. To do this, open the Google Play Store. 2.
- Go to the three-dash menu and then to “My apps and games”. Now select the Kata® app and tap on “Uninstall”.
- After uninstalling you can tap on “install” again
- After the installation you can log in directly in the Kata® app with your user data. Your entered data will be kept during the reinstallation.