FAQ for Patients
Kata® at a glance
- What is Kata®?
- What are the functions of the inhalation aid Kata®?
- How is the app structured?
- Can Kata® replace medical treatment?
- Why should you use Kata®?
- What are the requirements to use Kata®?
- Are there any exclusion criteria against using Kata®?
- How effective is Kata®?
- Is there an age recommendation for the Kata® health app?
- Which inhalers are supported by Kata®?
- I do not own a pulse oximeter or peak flow meter and therefore cannot enter these parameters. Is it important?
How do I get Kata®?
Inhalation, lung diseases and therapy
- Which devices support Kata®?
- I have a tablet/iPad - does Kata® also work there?
- What does my smartphone need to be able to do for the app to work?
- How do I update the Kata® app?
- Kata® has prompted me to update. What happens then? Will the app continue to work without an update?
- How do I reinstall Kata®?
- I had to delete the app, is all my data gone now?
- Is offline use also possible?
Error messages, questions and problems
- What do I do if I get an error message / error code?
- What can I do if logging in is no longer possible?
- What do I do if the app stops responding?
- My app crashes directly when I open it, what can I do about it?
- My app no longer starts, what now?
- I can no longer log in. Why?
- During the inhalation process, the app suddenly stalled. What can I do about it?
- The app reports a synchronization error, what do I do now?
- The contact form does not work for me. Who can help me with questions?
What is COPD?
The term COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) refers to chronic diseases of the lungs. These include chronic obstructive bronchitis and emphysema. These diseases lead to inflamed and permanently narrowed airways. Typical symptoms include increased sputum, cough, and shortness of breath., , 
You can find more information on the website of the deutschen Atemwegsliga e.V.
Information about the COPD guidelines can be found here.